Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

# 173 - 179 // Freepost experiments

This collection of 'items' have been posted out to Andytgeezer's Real plot. I'm making the most of the Freepost address by experimenting with Royal Mail to see what 'unusual' items make it through the post.

# 173 - Decorated Peg (for display purposes!) The address is written on the reverse of the tag.


 # 174 - This is a cardboard tube (from the centre of a big masking tape roll) covered in security envelope. The address is written around the outside of the curved tube using a sharpie. This one isn't actually posted yet, because I couldn't fit it into the postbox! I have a volunteer to take it into the post office for me tomorrow, though!



 # 175 - A polystyrene egg, decorated with gold paint and 3D fabric paint, then packaged in a clear plastic bag for postage. The address is written on the back of the 'label' on top.




# 176 // Matilda Mouse, the Wimbledon Wonder - a tiny card from a pack of SNAP cards, with an added little crown. The address is on the back, so I hope the little guy makes it!


# 177 // Good Luck! A bingo slip made from pretty lightweight paper, this might get a bit dog-eared by the time it makes it to London.


 # 178 - 179 // 'Funny Old World'. A collage split into two - I'm going to send one half today and the other tomorrow... let's see if the lovely people at 'Real' are paying attention! :)


I have lots of other stuff I want to try out, so there'll be more to show later in the week!

3 comments:

wow - you're on a bit of a roll here:>)))


Thanks guys! I've been waiting for a chance to experiment with all the things I've been reluctant to try because of postage costs and my avoidance of the post office. Usually I just stock up on stamps and weigh my post myself at home, but I couldn't begin to guess which category the 3D stuff would come under... Postcard, letter or package? Dunno - I'll just have to get it all out of my system this month and send it all to Andy ;D


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...